Sizing is dependent on brand, style, and intent of wear. Here are some tips on ensuring a correct fit for your child:
- Check out the Nike sizing chart, available here.
- Check to see what size your child wore in previous seasons, and if they still fit into those garments.
- Understand the end-use of the garment
- Is it meant to be worn underneath another garment? Or on top of another garment?
- Items meant to be worn as a base-layer will fit significantly snugger than those meant to be outerwear or as a jersey.
- Think about your child's general preferences for clothing
- Does your child generally prefer garments to be loose or more fitted?
- How long do you expect the item to be worn?